We Believe In Water
Every 21 seconds a child dies of a water related disease. Help Us Change that!
There is an urgent need for clean water in communities around the world. The relationship between water, health and education is significant. An estimated two million people die every year from illness caused by unclean water.
- Globally, 844 million people – 1 in 9 – lack access to clean water.
- Everyday, more than 800 children under the age of 5 die from diarrhea caused by poor water and sanitation.
- Women and girls spend an estimated 200 million hours hauling water every day.
- The average woman in rural Africa walks roughly 3.5 miles every day to haul 40 pounds of water.
- 1800 child deaths every day are linked to water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- In developing countries, at least 80% of illnesses are related to poor water and sanitation conditions.
For millions of women, children, and communities, access to clean water can turn poverty into potential – unlocking economic opportunity, education, and improved health.
In a world with many competing priorities, Queen Esther’s Closet remains dedicated to tackling the global water crisis because we believe that the power of clean water transforms lives, communities, and our world.
Your Generosity Makes a Difference
With your help, Queen Esther’s Closet can drill wells for villages around the world with no access to safe water. Your contribution saves lives by reducing water-borne illnesses. Even a small donation can dramatically improve quality of life for many families and communities.